Monday, July 5, 2010

the catch...

by human being

illustrations by rhoda penmarq





fox was passing under cypress tree when something dropped down in front of him...









it was a large piece of cheese!















he looked up:

crow was sitting on the tip of the tree... looking down...








fox was suspicious: eh? what does this mean? what about that old fable? this should be me luring her to drop the cheese... why is she offering this large piece to me? i even didn't see her and her cheese... is this a trap? perhaps this cheese is poisonous... or maybe she wants to get something bigger from me in return?








crow was still looking down... fox looked at the cheese and crow several times... at last he ignored both of them and continued on his way...










when he was far enough, crow swooped down and snatched the cheese off the ground...











- phew! thought i have lost my precious catch... it's so heavy i cannot hold it in my beak properly... thank heavens this one didn't like cheese!







4 comments:

Francis Scudellari said...

Fox is too clever for his own good. I think there's a lesson in that for me :)

human being said...

Francis...
:)
i appreciate your always sincere and... precious comments...

you inspired these two:


http://dearteachercrow.blogspot.com/2010/07/thirteen.html

http://dearteachercrow.blogspot.com/2010/07/fourteen.html



thanks my friend!

Anders Enochsson said...

I know from experience that foxes are not to mess with. Like this. It's nice that you continue your collaboration.

human being said...

Ande...

:)
this fox in my story will be always hungry... distrust comes from lack of self-confidence...

crows believe that this world is just for watching (not catching)... and sharing (not taking)...
that's why they 'co-labor'...
:)

and i owe my new round of presence here to dear friend, timmy... ooops! i mean rhoda...

:D

thanks a lot for reading and encouragement...