Sunday, April 11, 2010

Haves and Have-Nots

Two bags of clothes from
the Red Cross. Hopefully a
couple of decent t-shirts since
summer is coming up. Maybe
something from Neiman Marcus.
Cut through the grass where
single-speed bikes have
made a two-inch sized trail.

Trying to cover up that
he wasn't standing at the
back of the building looking
through the bin for an hour.
The embarrassment sits on
his shorts in the form of a
mustard stain.

I hugged your son with my eyes today.
I just wanted you to know.

5 comments:

Francis Scudellari said...

Welcome Amanda... quite a poignant piece, and I love the last stanza.

Jenny said...

Amanda, very welcome to FoS! I am glad you made me aware of your poetry. This is a beautiful piece. Lovely to have you here!

Megan Duffy said...

"The embarrassment sits on
his shorts in the form of a
mustard stain."

This is really well done.

Welcome.

Amanda said...

Hey guys! I'm deeply humbled to be here. Thank you so much for the comments. I hope you will come and read more and I hope to read more of you.

Anonymous said...

I really liked this one. Welcome to FOS.